Thursday, August 5, 2010

Me in vintage

Entry for Paper Playtime Challenge #10 Miss You http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/
I love doing vintage type scrapbook pages. This is a picture of me when I was 2, around 1975. I used the Heritage Cartridge for all my cut outs. It is a wonderful cart for doing projects like this. The background paper is Paper Pizazz Chocolate pack. I inked all the sides of the pink with a brown marker to give it dimension without distressing it. It really gave it a sharp look. This is one of my favorite techniques. I also used the cricut pens to outline the scroll work before cutting and then used the brown marker to ink the sides since it was white core cardstock. Hope you like it as much as I do.  

100_1821

4 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! Please link back to Paper Playtime's Challenge on your post. Thanks for playing in paper with us this week. Come back next week for a new challenge and a new sponsor. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Janis. Can you tell me how to link back? I'm kind of new to blogging. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi this is such a cute page!!! I love that rocking horse! Thanks for joining us at Paper Playtime this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. of course i would pick this pic to comment on...i absolutely LOVE what you're doing! u r so talented. i'm proud of you heidi and hey thx for the mention in yr 'my story' section. wish i had the time to keep up with you and keep my crafts goin but one day i will. as u know, i have a whole room of ideas needing to be blossomed. funny when yr a crafty person and not doin it how u start to feel off kilter! i will be 'following' you often. thx for all u do. love, aunt donna

    ReplyDelete